Thai inspired Chicken & Rice Noodle Salad
|Thai inspired Chicken & Rice Noodle Salad|
Thai chicken with amazing hot-sour-slaty-sweet sauce
Thai inspired tomato soup
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- ¼ C fish sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 Tb light brown sugar
- 4 Tb fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno chili, roughly chopped, without seeds or ribs
- 1 dried Chile de arbol, torn, seeds removed
- 2-3 poached, roasted or grilled skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 Tb olive oil, or more to taste
- 4 small Persian cucumbers, or 2 Japanese, thinly sliced
- 1 C halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ C roughly chopped cilantro
- ½ C roughly chopped mint
- ½ C roughly chopped Thai or other basil
Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Boil noodles until tender but still al dente, 4 minutes. Drain and run noodles under cold water to cool. Toss noodles dry and set aside.
Meanwhile, make the dressing by placing fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and both chilies in a blender or food processor. Blend until the chilies break up and the sauce looks uniform. Set sauce aside. Shred and roughly chop the cooked skinless chicken breasts (cook it up yourself or just buy a rotisserie chicken) into bite-sized pieces.
In a large bowl, toss shredded chicken with cooled noodles, shallots, oil, cucumbers, tomatoes and herbs. Toss in dressing until well incorporated preferably 30-60 minutes before serving. Taste and add more fish sauce or lime juice as needed. Serve at room temperature or cool to rave reviews.